Terrain se below
1. Rule changes
• Up to 2 Characters per unit can get "look out sir" against the following spells: Dwellers Below, Final Transmutation and Dreaded 13th. Normal requirements for Look Out, Sir! apply.
• BSBs can take all the equipment their unit type has access to as if they weren't BSBs. Wood Elf BSB can take kindreds and do not lose their longbow.
2. Magic Restrictions
• An army may use up to maximum 12 power dice during each magic phase
• A player can never use more than 5 power dice to cast a spell, no matter the source. For the Lore of Death and the Okkam's Mindrazor spell, this is lowered to 4 power dice.
• Apart from Winds of Magic, an army may only generate up to 2 additional Power or Dispel Dice per magic phase (including channelling). Any extra dice above this is discarded and lost.
3. Army Building Restrictions
• All the Army building restrictions are applied only during the creation of the roster, and may be ignored during the game (for example, by joining characters to units or creating new units)
• The army lists allowed are those from any of the currently published GW Army Books, and The Legion of Azgorh from Tamurkhan. No other unit or army list may be used on the event.
• Special or Named Characters are not allowed
• Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress may not be taken.
• Units cannot be more than 60 models nor 450 points. This does not apply to characters.
• All army sizes are 2400 pt, except when specifically stated in brackets.
• Maximum unit point cost is increased to 550
• Victory points achieved against Beastmen are decreased by 10%
• Units with Beastmen Ambush may alternatively deploy as if they had the Ambushers special rule (Note that this doesn’t require an equal or bigger unit not ambushing). Beastlords and Wargors may be allocated to join such units, and will enter the game with the corresponding unit.
Chaos Dwarfs (The Legion of Azgorh)
• K'daai Destroyer/War Machine/Hellcannon (max 1)/Chalice of Blood and Darkness/Sorceror-Prophet with Lore of Death, max 4
• Chalice of Blood and Darkness (counts as 2)/Death magic in the army/Dispel Scroll, max 2
• Ashstorm and Flames of Azgorh can’t be cast with more than 4 Power Dice
Daemons of Chaos
• Beast of Nurgle, max 8 models in total and 4 models per unit
• More than 4 Beast of Nurgle models present in the army/Skull Cannon (max 1)/Nurgle BSB/Great Unclean One with Lore of Death, max 2
• Reaper Bolt Thrower/Each 5 (or fraction) shade models/Dark Rider with Repeater Crossbow units/Darkshard units, max 7
• Dark Rider units, Characters on Dark Steed, max 3 each
• Each 5 (or fraction) Doomfire Warlock models/Supreme Sorceress with Lore of Death/Sacrificial Dagger, max 2
• Arnzipal’s Black Horror can’t be cast with more than 4 Power Dice
Dwarfs (Use their old book as we judge it to tight for players on both sides to get a fair chance to adopt their armies to the newly released book)
• Can generate up to 4 Dispel Dice per phase instead of 2
• Anvil of Doom/Grudge Thrower/Cannon/Organ Gun/2nd Bolt Thrower, max 4
• Anvil of Doom/Spelleater Rune/Spellbreaking Rune/Master Rune of Balance, max 2
• Each 7 (or fraction) Demigryph Knight models/Steam Tank/War Altar with 2 or more Light Wizards presents in the army/Duplicated War Machines present in the army, max 2
• Great Cannon/Steam Tank/Hellblaster Volleygun/Engineers present in the army/2nd Mortar, max 5
• Steam Tank (max 1)/Great Cannon, max 3
• Book of Hoeth/Banner of the World Dragon/Unmounted Frostheart Phoenix, max 2
• 2nd Unmounted Frostheart Phoenix (counts as 2)/Lord on Monster/Dispel Scroll/Silverhelms present in the army, max 3
• Archmage with Lore of Shadow or Death cannot use Book of Hoeth
• Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower/Each 8 (or fraction) Shadow Warrior or Sister of Averlon models/Archer units, max 7
• Ellyrian Reaver units, max 3
• Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One/Each 3 (or fraction) Salamander models, max 3
• Becalming Cogitation/Dispel Scroll/Channeling Staff and Harmonic Convergence on the same model/Slann with Lore of Death (not including Wandering Deliberations), max 2
• Skink Skirmisher units, max 4
• Gnoblar units, max 3
• Crown of Command/Ironblaster/Each 8 (or fraction) Mournfang Models, max 2
• 2nd Ironblaster/Lords present in the army, max 1
• Hellheart/Dispel Scroll, max 1
Orcs and Goblins (2500)
• Rat Swarm units, Giant Rat units, Warlock Engineers, max 3 each
• Skaven Slave models, max 120
• Gutter Runner units, max 2
• 2nd Warp Lightning Cannon (counts as 2)/Screaming Bell/2nd Doomwheel/Hellpit Abomination (max 1), max 2
• Doom Rocket/Brass Orb/Power Scroll/Screaming Bell, max 2
Tomb Kings (2700)
• Maximum unit point cost is increased to 550
• Victory points achieved against Tomb Kings are decreased by 10%
• Skeleton Archer models, max 80
• Neferra's Scrolls of Mighty Incantations can't be taken by model with Lore of Death
• Zombies, max 3 units and 120 models
• Spirit Host units/Hexwraith units (max 2)/Ethereal characters(max 2)/Cairn Wraith units, max 3
• Red Fury/Death Magic present in the army/More than 8 Crypt Horror models/More than 10 Hexwraith models, max 2
• Quickblood on Vampire Lord/2nd Lord Choice/Terrorgheist (max 1)/2nd Banshee, max 2
Warriors of Chaos
• Exalted Hero on Daemonic Mount/Daemon Prince/Core Chaos Chariots present in the army (max 3)/Skullcrusher unit, max 4
• Daemon Prince/Chimera, max 2
• Hellcannon/Lore of Death present in the army/Lore of Tzeentch present in the army, max 2
• Third Eye of Tzeentch/Talisman of Preservation/Armour of Destiny, max 1 on the same model
• Chaos Armour/Soul Feeder/Dragonhelm/Dragonbane Gem/Wizard level(s)/Daemon of Nurgle/Flying/Lore of Death or Nurgle, max 3 on the same Daemon Prince
Wood Elves (2500)
• Glade Guard models (excluding scouts), max 50
• All elves in the army have ASF (Wild Riders are Elves. This does not affect mounts)
• Wizards may choose spells from any of the 8 Common Lores
• Forest Spirit's Ward Save is not negated by Magical Attacks
All unit types take dangerus terrain test in this feauture unless they have skrimish rule, flying and hovering units take dangerus terrain test if they start or stop their movement in the feauture regardless of if they are skirmishers or not.
All units lose steadfast as per the rules for rivers p.120 in BRB.
Line of Sight: Fields are non-interfering terrain features, but provids Soft Cover for all units with a majority of their models in the feature.
All other terrain is as ETC last year and use the following rules:
As per BRB description of an ordinary hill (p. 118 first 5 paragraphs, i.e. without the “Examples of hills” subsection) with following additional explanations :
Line of Sight: Hills block Line of Sight.
As per BRB description of an ordinary forest (p. 119 first 6 paragraphs, i.e. without “Mysterious Forests” subsection) with following additional explanations:
Line of Sight: Forests are Interfering terrain providing Soft Cover for units, as described in BRB. For Line of Sight purposes Forests count as being of infinite height. This implies that units shooting trough forest will always suffer Soft Cover penalty, even if shooting from a hill or building.
As per BRB description of a Normal River (p. 120 first 5 paragraphs, i.e. without “Mysterious Rivers” subsection) with following additional explanations:
Line of Sight: Lakes are non-interfering terrain features.
Lakes are Water Features.
As per BRB description of an ordinary Wall (p. 123 with common rules for Obstacles, p.122) with following additional explanations:
Walls definition of a unit “behind” is applied only to units actually defending the obstacle (i.e. aligned with it and touching it).
Line of Sight: Obstacles are non-interfering terrain features.
As per BRB description of an ordinary building (p.126 -
129, i.e. without “Arcane Architecture” subsection) with following additional explanations:
Regardless of actual representation, all buildings are considered to be “single part” (i.e. there are NO multipart buildings).
Regardless of actual representation, all buildings are considered to be 2 stories high, with all implications on number of models that can shoot.
Line of Sight: Buildings block Line of Sight.
As per BRB description of an ordinary marshland (p.121 first 3 paragraphs, i.e. without
“Examples of Marshland” subsection) with following additional explanations:
Ruins are NOT Water Features.
Line of Sight: Ruins are non-interfering terrain features, providing Hard Cover for all units with majority of their models in the feature.
Line of Sight: Impassable terrain blocks Line of Sight.
Movement: No model can end its movement in the impassable terrain, regardless of any special rules it might have.
Units are treated as Interfering terrain and does not block Line of Sight, but provides Hard Cover for units shooting trough them. Units standing on a hill can shoot over other units not standing on a hill to hit units behind those and vice versa that a unit not on a hill can ignore units between them and its target if it the target is on a hill. Treat large targets as if they where a unit standing on a hill for these purposes.
Blocking Terrain: Hills, Buildings and Impassable.
Blocking Terrain blocks Line of Sight and is considered infinite height for this purpose.
Interfering Terrain: Forests, Units
Interfering terrain does not block Line of Sight, but provides Cover for units shooting trough them, except for units shooting from them (i.e. with majority of models in the feature in question).
Non-interfering Terrain: Lake, Obstacles, Fields and Ruins.
Non-Interfering Terrain does not block line of sight. Might give cover to some units in some cases, as explained above, or in some special rules for the army.